Like Linus, I too, love the Great Pumpkin. By great pumpkin, I mean I like eating pumpkin in almost everything I eat from September until December. With Halloween around the corner, I thought I would share some secret family pumpkin recipes.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
(Makes 2 loaves)
1 cup vegetable oil
16 oz. can pumpkin
3 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cloves
6 oz. bag chocolate chips
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry to wet ingredients & mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans (this recipe made enough for one regular size loaf and the two mini loaves in the picture above).
- Bake at 325 for approximately 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- Simply mix the cake mix and pumpkin with electric mixer until well combined.
- Spoon into lined muffin tin about 2/3 full. The batter is thick, so I usually smooth it out at the top.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes until the center comes out clean.
I hope you enjoy our family pumpkin recipes while you are getting ready for your Halloween festivities!
—Kim Fletcher, Parenting Program Volunteer