My daughter and husband love eggs. In fact, I am pretty sure, they would love if I made them a big Saturday morning breakfast every single day of the week. Unfortunately, that is not possible because a) I am not a morning person and b) our daily activities leave not much not much time to spare.
So this recipe helps me keep my resolution of making simple, clean food while satisfying my husband’s love of Egg McMuffins. The best part? Your family sous chefs can help put in fillings and make personalized muffins to suit their breakfast taste.
7-12 eggs (smaller muffin tins use about 7 eggs, larger muffin tins use about 12 eggs)
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tbs of milk
Fillings for egg muffins: Bacon, ham, sausage, cheddar cheese, spinach, feta cheese, olives, red peppers, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, etc. Be creative!
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Spray muffin tin with non stick spray. (I usually use olive oil spray.)
- Put your fillings in the bottom of your pan. Fillings should take up half of the muffin tin.
- Scramble eggs, salt & pepper and milk in a bowl. Pour scrambled mixture into filled muffin tin.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Once cooled, use butter knife to separate.
- Enjoy! Muffins can be in the fridge up for a week or frozen.
—Kim Fletcher, Parenting Program Volunteer