3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
9 fresh sage leaves
6 slices of prosciutto
3 tsp olive oil, divided
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp cornstarch
Fresh parsley, chopped
Lemon wedges (optional)
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of wax paper.
- Flatten the chicken to 1/2 inch thick with a mallet.
- Season both sides of the flattened chicken then place three sage leaves on each breast.
- Wrap two pieces of prosciutto on each chicken breast.
- Heat 3 teaspoons of olive a skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the pan and oil are hot, add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown; flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Let the meat sit aside on a platter to rest.
- Combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, and cornstarch together in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Place the skillet over medium high heat then add the lemon juice mixture to the pan and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle the sauce over each chicken breast. Serve immediately. Enjoy.