No parent should have to worry whether their child is meeting all of their developmental milestones. While every child is different and may master different achievements at their own pace, there is an overarching guideline for each age.
We’ve partnered with Great Start Collaborative-Oakland, Oakland Schools and Early On Oakland to offer free online developmental screenings. The questionnaire focuses on both general and social development.
You can begin this screening anytime after your child reaches two months and continue through five years. It’s free, it’s easy (online and only takes about 10 minutes) and it’s private. If those aren’t enough reasons, here are some others from the Great Start Collaborative Oakland Newsletter:
Benefits to families include:
- A tool to help parents observe and communicate about their child’s growth
- A road map for development in the early years
- A link to community resources and supports
Benefits to the community include:
- Development of a community database on young children’s development
- School readiness trend data for a better understanding of service gaps and needs
Please share this post to your social networks in hopes that you might help a parent who can’t afford routine child well visits. And take a moment to ensure your child is on track.