Baby is born, mom is feeling a bit more rested, early breastfeeding challenges have been mastered and breastfeeding is well established.
Now what? How do I incorporate breastfeeding into my life? Beaumont’s Prenatal & Family Education Department has developed a class to assist moms with incorporating breastfeeding into their “new normal”.
This 2.5 hour class will discuss:
- The wonders of breast milk
- Continuing benefits of breastfeeding for baby, parents, extended family, and employers
- Returning to work, school and other activities including laws, policies and rights
- Preparing a personal plan if returning to work
- Guidelines for pumping and storing milk
- Caregivers handling breast milk
- Outings with the breastfed baby including restaurants, travel and other public places
- Thrills and challenges including growth spurts, teething, starting solids, intimacy, another pregnancy and more
Babies and Dad or other support person are welcome at class. Pregnant moms who want to plan ahead are also welcome to take this class after completing our “Preparing for Breastfeeding “class. It is important to know the basics of breastfeeding before taking this Breastfeeding Lifestyle class.
Register online or call 800- 633-7377 for class information and registration.
Monday, June 25
Don’t worry. If you can’t make this class, others are offered monthly.
Monday, July 23
Monday, August 27
If you are having problems with breastfeeding, please contact Beaumont’s Breastfeeding Support Services. Our team of lactation consultants is here to help you.