This is part of the series of back-to-school posts which will continue into August to help you and your little ones prepare for the annual September routine. Click the “school” tag for more.
Whether your child will ride a bus to school for the first time this year or if it’s her fifth year doing so, it’s important for her to be mindful when doing so.
Remind your child of these tips when riding a bus:
- Walk to the bus stop in a group; be aware of strange people or cars that pass by.
- Always cross in front of the bus. NEVER walk behind the bus!
- When you get on the bus, stay in your seat and don’t yell. Movement and noise can distract the bus driver.
- Keep aisles clear of bags in the event of an emergency.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before standing up to exit.
— Erica Surman, RN, BSN, Pediatric Trauma Program Manager, Beaumont Health System