In October, the Parenting Program will celebrate supporting and educating 100,000 families. To recognize this tremendous achievement and major milestone, we are hosting a contest for families who received services from the Parenting Program. Maybe you received supportive phone calls after your baby was born, or participated in a parent group. Perhaps we provided great comfort and reassurance when your child was in the NICU or when you were struggling with postpartum depression/anxiety. Whatever your path or story looks like, we want to know about it. Now through September 30, participants may submit a written story and picture, or a video to share their Parenting Program experience. A grand prize winner, selected by a panel of Beaumont team members, will receive a prize package worth more than $300. Winners will be announced on our Parenting Program Facebook page on October 7 and will be showcased at our milestone event on October 14.
“The first year of a child’s life is one of great transition for new parents. We often hear how the Parenting Program was an integral support during this adjustment,” says Deanna Robb, Parenting Program Director. “It could be the kind voice and listening ear on the other end of the phone, a parent group that became the best of friends, or a volunteer or support group that came alongside you during a challenging time in your life. We love to hear these stories; they keep us striving to support families in the best and most effective ways possible.”
To enter the contest, participants must submit a picture and written story that is 400 words or less or a video that is three minutes in length or less.
Participants must download, complete and submit an authorization form with the picture and written story or video.
All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30.
Please include the following:
- Your Beaumont Parenting Program Story: What made your experience special
- Participant’s name, phone number, email address and child’s birth date
- A photo of parent(s) and child or parent group
- Authorization Form
Winners will be announced on October 7. There will be a grand prize winner and two runners up.
The grand prize winner will receive a prize package worth more than $300, including:
- $200 gift certificate to Mezza Mediterranean Grille
- $100 gift certificate to Kruse and Muer
- A collection of autographed children’s books by acclaimed author Maria Dismondy
Two runners up will each receive:
- $50 gift certificate to Sweet Lorraine’s
- $25 gift certificate to Holiday Market
— — — — —
* OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Canada, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of Entry. Potential winner will be selected by a panel of Beaumont team members on or about Oct. 1, 2014, from among all eligible Entries received. Entering the Parenting Program contest does not establish a patient/caregiver relationship with Beaumont Health System. All submissions become property of the Parenting Program and may be used in future programs, online materials, and printed materials.