- 2 garlic cloves (do not peel)
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork
- 2 medium russet potatoes, pricked with a fork
- ¾ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of ground pepper
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Put garlic on a small piece of foil and fold to form a packet.
- Place garlic packet and the potatoes on a center rack in the oven. Place a baking sheet on the lower rack to catch the juices.
- Bake, flipping halfway through, until the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife; about 45 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potatoes and garlic from oven. Continue to bake russet potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven; let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Peel the potatoes and then mash.
- Squeeze garlic from skins into bowl with potatoes. Stir in butter, parsley, sage, salt, and pepper. Stir in sour cream and serve.
Makes 10 servings (Serving size equals approximately ½ cup.)
Each serving counts as 1 starch.
Nutrition analysis per serving
- Calories: 96
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg
- Sodium: 256 mg
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Protein: 2 g
Recipe from marthastewart.com
– Mary Ligotti-Hitch, R.D. is a registered dietitian with the Weight Control Center at Beaumont Health Center.