- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small red potatoes, finely diced
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup skim milk
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add potatoes and Canadian bacon.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are softened and bacon begins to crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper.
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add spinach and mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until spinach wilts and mushrooms soften.
- In large bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, eggs, egg whites, milk, and allspice.
- Add vegetable mixture to the eggs and stir to combine.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill 12 cups with vegetable and egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 – 28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for several minutes before removing from tin.
Makes 6 servings (Serving size equals 2 frittatas.)
Nutrition analysis per serving
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 205 mg
- Sodium: 490 mg
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Protein: 18 g
Recipe adapted from Prevention RD.
– Mary Ligotti-Hitch, R.D. is a registered dietitian with the Weight Control Center at Beaumont Health Center. Beaumont Weight Control Center offers free cooking demonstrations to the community. View a list of current demonstrations here.