- 2 cups cut and washed kale (can purchase bags of kale already cut and cleaned)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt to taste (less than an 1/8 teaspoon suggested)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- If using prewashed cut and cleaned kale, go to step 3. Otherwise, remove kale leaves from the thick stems using a knife or kitchen shears. Tear the leaves into bite-size pieces. Wash and dry by using a salad spinner or blotting with a paper towel.
- Place kale in bowl. Gently toss with olive oil and sea salt.
- Spread kale out on the cookie sheet, separate leaves slightly so as not to overlap.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges brown but are not burnt. Serve immediately.
Makes 1 serving. (Each serving counts as low-starch vegetables.)
Nutrition analysis per serving:
Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 235 mg
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 3 g